• #3227 返信
    Karen Fahey
    ゲスト

Not Under My Roof
    Parents, Teens, and the Culture of Sex

by Amy T. Schalet

🔰 Not Under My Roof • Read More 🔰

• Format: paperback, 312 pages
    • Genres: sociology, parenting, sexuality, science, family, politics, feminism, academic
    • Author: Amy T. Schalet
    • ISBN: 9780226736198 (0226736199)
    • Release date: November 1, 2011
    • Language: english
    • Publisher: University of Chicago Press

About The Book

For American parents, teenage sex is something to be feared and forbidden: most would never consider allowing their children to have sex at home, and sex is a frequent source of family conflict. In the Netherlands, where teenage pregnancies are far less frequent than in the United States, parents aim above all for family cohesiveness, often permitting young couples to sleep together and providing them with contraceptives. Drawing on extensive interviews with parents and teens, Not Under My Roof offers an unprecedented, intimate account of the different ways that girls and boys in both countries negotiate love, lust, and growing up.

Tracing the roots of the parents’ divergent attitudes, Amy T. Schalet reveals how they grow out of their respective conceptions of the self, relationships, gender, autonomy, and authority. She provides a probing analysis of the way family culture shapes not just sex but also alcohol consumption and parent-teen relationships. Avoiding caricatures of permissive Europeans and puritanical Americans, Schalet shows that the Dutch require self-control from teens and parents, while Americans guide their children toward autonomous adulthood at the expense of the family bond.

Hardback book Not Under My Roof buy cheap for Kindle. Hardcover Not Under My Roof Amy T. Schalet read on Amazon. FictionBook ebook Not Under My Roof by Amy T. Schalet on Bookshop. MP3 Not Under My Roof download PC. Paperback ebook Not Under My Roof by Amy T. Schalet buy on iPhone.

Online book Not Under My Roof download on Kobo. FB2 ebook Not Under My Roof read online on PocketBook. PDF Not Under My Roof Amy T. Schalet on Audible. EPUB book Not Under My Roof for reader. MOBI book Not Under My Roof Amy T. Schalet read on Walmart.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: Not Under My Roof – buy book
あなたの情報: