(MOBI) Regional Cooking from Middle-earth by Emerald Took — 9781553952572

ホーム フォーラム 17live(イチナナ) (MOBI) Regional Cooking from Middle-earth by Emerald Took — 9781553952572

• このトピックは空です。
1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #2063 返信
    Lisa Chastain
    ゲスト

Regional Cooking from Middle-earth
    Recipes of the Third Age

by Emerald Took

Regional Cooking from Middle-earth : Read More

• Format: paperback, 214 pages
    • Publisher: Trafford Publishing
    • Release date: January 7, 2003
    • ISBN: 9781553952572 (155395257X)
    • Author: Emerald Took
    • Language: english

About The Book

This is a sincere labor of love; an honest attempt to share some favorite recipes from over the years, create some, and honor some of the adopted ones. I have always enjoyed cooking and Tolkien's works... and this is a tribute to them both. These are recipes I have accrued over four decades; they represent a sample of recipes I love that I hope you come to love, too. I had a lot of fun with the Elvish names, compiling information and creating an embellished personal history from the inspiration of a remarkable college professor who I grew up admiring, adoring, and genuinely loving. I am also very health conscious. I don't eat these kinds of foods every day. Some of them simply aren't the best for all people. Use your discretion, and modify some of the fat, cholesterol and salt content where appropriate. There are places where I offer lower fat, salt and cholesterol alternatives, where I know they will work in the recipe. I make mostly vegetarian dishes these days, so a lot of the classic menus have vegetarian alternatives, for those who may go meatless. There are several recipes here for young children and for babies. I also only use whole ingredients: whole grains, no white potatoes, turbinado sugar, and pure honey. Many people who have problems with their sugar levels will find this refreshing. Complex carbohydrates will metabolize better. I do not ever use sugar substitutes in the recipes. I try to keep the recipes as close to foods of the past as possible. There are no microwave recipes in here; most of these are appropriate for wood stoves, electric or gas. I also live in the mountains, so some have been modified to meet the sea level requirement. If I am uncertain how a recipe will perform in your area, I give you fair warning.

I have classified the recipes by region, not race of peoples. Many areas have had a number of different cultures living on themthrough the ages, and their populations have migrated, here and in Middle-Earth. Many, like Bree, offer a combination of different influences and types. I hope there will be some there that appeal to the reader. The foods of The Dark Lands chapter have more to do with humor in the characterizations of the food than the actual places they are associated with. For example, the classic cheeseburger is lovingly referred to as Mount Doom because that's what it will do to one's arteries if eaten too frequently. Mince meat pie is nicknamed for the Balrog because that's probably what would go through your mind that you might become if you ran into him in the Mines of Moria. I hope you have fun with them, too.

Above all, this project is meant to honor and respect all peoples... from Middle-Earth and our own. Tolkien said that Middle-Earth wasn't some other dimension or parallel universe: it is our earth. I feel he really loved this earth, and so do I. It is in that spirit that this project was conceived. I hope it brings you great joy, fun, sharing and a full tummy.

Wishing you all the best always,

Emerald Took

To read reviews of this book please visit: The Post Gazette and Oregon Magazine

Also see: The Revenge of the Hobbits

TXT book Regional Cooking from Middle-earth buy for PC. EPUB ebook Regional Cooking from Middle-earth by Emerald Took read online on Bookshop. PDF Regional Cooking from Middle-earth. MOBI Regional Cooking from Middle-earth Emerald Took download on iPhone on Dymocks. Paperback ebook Regional Cooking from Middle-earth Emerald Took buy cheap Mac.

MP3 book Regional Cooking from Middle-earth read on Kobo. Online Regional Cooking from Middle-earth iPad. FB2 book Regional Cooking from Middle-earth by Emerald Took download on Booktopia. Hardback ebook Regional Cooking from Middle-earth on reader. FictionBook Regional Cooking from Middle-earth by Emerald Took read on IndieBound.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (MOBI) Regional Cooking from Middle-earth by Emerald Took — 9781553952572
あなたの情報: