(MOBI) Cold Ground's Been My Bed by Daniel Wolfe : 9780595341351

ホーム フォーラム 17live(イチナナ) (MOBI) Cold Ground's Been My Bed by Daniel Wolfe : 9780595341351

• このトピックは空です。
1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #1842 返信
    Alma Greer
    ゲスト

Cold Ground's Been My Bed
    A Korean War Memoir

by Daniel Wolfe

🔍 Cold Ground's Been My Bed ~ Read More 🔍

• Author: Daniel Wolfe
    • Language: english
    • Release date: March 25, 2005
    • Publisher: iUniverse
    • Format: paperback, 332 pages
    • ISBN: 9780595341351 (0595341357)

About The Book

Dan Wolfe was a Bronx, New York, teenager whose passions were baseball, fooling around in school, and hanging out at the candy store in the 1940s. In 1951, three years out of high school, he was drafted and sent to Korea. "Cold Ground's Been My Bed" is his no-holds-barred memoir of the experience, from his deployment into Company L, 15th Regt, 3rd division; a frontline infantry platoon.

The title of his book is derived from a blues song sung by his first bunker buddy. It speaks to the conditions experienced by soldiers when suddenly faced with the reality of war. Feeling inadequate about handling the Browning Automatic Rifle in basic training, he expressed his doubts to a cadre man, who assured him, "You don t have to worry about it, kid. It's given to the biggest men in the squad." The day he arrived on the front line, Dan, five-foot-seven and 133 pounds, was assigned the twenty-pound BAR. When his platoon was ambushed, Dan crawled over fire-swept terrain to retrieve the body of his sergeant. Under fire, with his sergeant in his arms, he skidded down a forty-foot cliff and into the Imjin River in order to wade to a friendly shore. Decades later he learned that he'd been cited for the Silver Star, but the Jeep carrying the papers was blown up by mortar rounds. When a GI was killed by negligent "friendly fire," the victim's buddy carried out a revenge murder when the company was returned to the line.

In recounting his story, Dan never pretends to be more than he was, a young man being shocked and shaped by the reality of war.

TXT Cold Ground's Been My Bed Daniel Wolfe on Kindle on Audible. Online book Cold Ground's Been My Bed download. FictionBook ebook Cold Ground's Been My Bed buy cheap. FB2 ebook Cold Ground's Been My Bed by Daniel Wolfe read for iPad on Powells. Hardback Cold Ground's Been My Bed read online PocketBook.

MOBI book Cold Ground's Been My Bed Daniel Wolfe buy on IndieBound. Paperback Cold Ground's Been My Bed. PDF ebook Cold Ground's Been My Bed by Daniel Wolfe download iOS on Bookshop. EPUB book Cold Ground's Been My Bed for iPhone on Booktopia. MP3 ebook Cold Ground's Been My Bed by Daniel Wolfe read online.

Hardcover book Cold Ground's Been My Bed Daniel Wolfe download on PC. FictionBook Cold Ground's Been My Bed buy cheap on Amazon. Online ebook Cold Ground's Been My Bed by Daniel Wolfe read. Hardback book Cold Ground's Been My Bed download for reader on Walmart. FB2 Cold Ground's Been My Bed Daniel Wolfe on Dymocks.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (MOBI) Cold Ground's Been My Bed by Daniel Wolfe : 9780595341351
あなたの情報: