• Format: paperback, 368 pages
    • Release date: September 11, 1991

About The Book

"But what about me?"

"Is it possible to go one day without dealing with the survivor's issues?"

"Will we ever make love again?"

"Will the survivor love me in the end?"

"How do I know if I should throw in the towel?"

Based on in-depth interviews and her workshops for partners across the country, Laura Davis offers practical advice and encouragement to all partners — girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, and lovers — trying to support the survivors in their lives while tending to their own needs along the way. She shows couples how to deepen compassion, improve communication, and develop an understanding of healing as a shared activity. Addressing partners' most important questions, Allies in Healing covers:

The Basics — answers common questions about sexual abuse. Allies in Healing — introduces key concepts of working and growing together. My Needs and Feelings — teaches partners to recognize, value, and express their own needs. Dealing with Crisis — includes strategies for handling suicidal feelings, regression, and hopelessness. Intimacy and Communication — offers practical advice on dealing with distancing, control, trust, and fighting. Sex — provides guidelines for coping with flashbacks, lack of desire, differences in sexual needs, and frustration. Family lssues — suggests a range of ideas for interacting with the survivor's family. Partners' Stories — explores the struggles, triumphs, and courage of eight partners.

FB2 ebook Allies in Healing Laura Davis download on Bookshop. Hardback Allies in Healing read iPad. EPUB book Allies in Healing by Laura Davis. FictionBook book Allies in Healing buy cheap on Mac on Audible. PDF ebook Allies in Healing by Laura Davis.

Hardcover Allies in Healing read online for PC on IndieBound. MOBI ebook Allies in Healing Laura Davis buy Android on Amazon. TXT Allies in Healing download. MP3 book Allies in Healing by Laura Davis on iPhone on Barnes & Noble. Paperback ebook Allies in Healing download.

Online Allies in Healing read for Kindle on Powells. TXT book Allies in Healing Laura Davis buy cheap. Hardback book Allies in Healing on Walmart. MOBI ebook Allies in Healing Laura Davis download for iOS. Online Allies in Healing read online on PocketBook on Kobo.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (MOBI) Allies in Healing by Laura Davis
あなたの情報: