🔍 I-Mary : Read More 🔍

• Language: english
    • Format: hardcover, 310 pages
    • ISBN: 9780816507894 (0816507899)
    • Author: Augusta Fink
    • Publisher: University of Arizona Press
    • Release date: February 1, 1983

About The Book

'Before she was six, she knew there were two Marys. There was the lonely child without grace to please and win affection. And there was I-Mary, self-contained and secure, who had no need to be loved and could not be hurt.'

This was Mary Austin...feminist, mystic, Southwestern naturalist and environmentalist, author of 27 books and more than 250 short works. Conscious throughout her life of the duality of inner nature revealed to her as a child, she sought continually to reconcile her own insecurity with the confidence of her transcendental aspect, I-Mary.

Unloved in childhood and unfulfilled in marriage, Mary took inspiration from the land and found an audience for her writing through books like 'Land of Little Rain.' Her career carried her from California's Inyo country to Carmel and New York, Santa Fe and Europe. She traveled in circles that included such luminaries as Jack London, H.G. Wells, Lincoln Steffens, and the young Ansel Adams. She became known as a self-assured, even egocentric woman. Yet that public image belied an inner turmoil that never ceased.

This biography draws on Mary's personal papers and published works to weave a compelling story of frustration and accomplishment. 'I-Mary' goes to the root of the creative spirit, and brings us closer to understanding the true meaning of human achievement.

FictionBook I-Mary Augusta Fink download. FB2 ebook I-Mary read online for reader on Kobo. MP3 book I-Mary by Augusta Fink on Barnes & Noble.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: I-Mary by Augusta Fink – read online
あなたの情報: